-   -   trying to "paste special" data; why does worksheet object appear? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/44518-trying-%22paste-special%22-data%3B-why-does-worksheet-object-appear.html)

alyssa

trying to "paste special" data; why does worksheet object appear?

Hello,

My problem is that I will select data in one sheet or workbook, copy it,
then select "paste special" to paste with a specific format (e.g. keep column
widths, values only etc.) into a new sheet; when I try to "paste special"
into the new sheet, the data is somehow read as a Worksheet Object, and my
choices are Picture, Bitmap etc. How can I fix this? Thanks very much in
advance for your advice.

Alyssa

Dave Peterson

It sounds like you have two instances of excel open and are trying to paste
between them.

If you close one instance and then use File|open to open the other workbook in
the first instance, you'll see that normal paste special dialog.

--

Dave Peterson