-   -   searching a protected sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/44514-searching-protected-sheet.html)

gale dawn

searching a protected sheet

i have a worksheet that i want to protect - multiple users will be viewing
it. how do i protect the sheet as a view only but still allow users to search
cells for specific data? (using ctrl f).

JoJo

Gale,

Protecting a worksheet WILL still allow users to search (CTRL F).

To protect the worksheet, go to the sheet you want to protect.
From the top menu bar, select Tools, Protection, Protect sheet then
type the password.

JoJo

--
JoJo
JoJo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11307

Dave Peterson

Doesn't ctrl-f (edit|Find) work ok on your protected worksheet?

If I just protect the worksheet with all the cells locked, it worked fine for me
(xl2003).

(Did you protect the sheet in a strange way? (stopping the users from selecting
locked cells, maybe???))