-   -   want to overwrite Excel workbook instead of appending new data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/44447-want-overwrite-excel-workbook-instead-appending-new-data.html)

Excel

want to overwrite Excel workbook instead of appending new data

Hello,

I'm doing data import overnight. Now the new data is appended to the old
data. But I want to overwrite Excel workbook instead of appending new datato
the old data. Any idea? Thanks!

Tushar Mehta

In article ,
says...
Hello,

I'm doing data import overnight. Now the new data is appended to the old
data. But I want to overwrite Excel workbook instead of appending new datato
the old data. Any idea? Thanks!

Delete the existing data before importing?

Depending on how you are importing the data, does it have a
'overwrite' feature? A way to specify the target of the import?

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions