mjohnson0321

Default Copy answer to another worksheet

I would like to create a workbook of several worksheets that sum different
things and have one worksheet that displays all of the totals.

I.e: Have Worksheet A, Worksheet B, Worksheet C each calculate totals and
then have the totals carried over to Worksheet D.

How would I do this?
Bill Kuunders

click onto the cell in D where you want the total from A to show. enter =
and go to the cell on A and click onto the cell with the total. press enter
.............done one.........etc

Regards
Bill K
"mjohnson0321" wrote in message
I would like to create a workbook of several worksheets that sum different
things and have one worksheet that displays all of the totals.

I.e: Have Worksheet A, Worksheet B, Worksheet C each calculate totals and
then have the totals carried over to Worksheet D.

How would I do this?

IanRoy

Hi, mjohnson0321;

Select a cell cell on Worksheet D where you want a total from Worksheet A to
appear, type =, switch to Worksheet A, select the cell containing the total
you want, and click the green checkmark in the formula bar. You will be
returned to Worksheet D, which will now hold a formula like ='Worksheet A'!A1
which will repeat the contents of cell A1 in Worksheet A.

Another way: select a cell in Worksheet A that contains a total, copy,
switch to Worksheet D, right-click the cell you want to paste into, choose
Paste Special Paste Link. This will paste a formula like ='Worksheet A'!$A$1
giving the same result only with an absolute cell reference rather than a
relative one.

Regards.
IanRoy.

"mjohnson0321" wrote:

I would like to create a workbook of several worksheets that sum different
things and have one worksheet that displays all of the totals.

I.e: Have Worksheet A, Worksheet B, Worksheet C each calculate totals and
then have the totals carried over to Worksheet D.

How would I do this?

swisse

Let's say I would want to copy the total from WorksheetA which is in A10 to
WorksheetD in A10, the total from WorksheetB in B10 to WorksheetD in B10, and
the total from WorksheetC in C10 to WorksheetD in C10. I would write the
formula in
1. WorksheetD A10 as =IF(ISBLANK(+WorksheetA!A10);"";+WorksheetA!A10)
2. WorksheetD B10 as =IF(ISBLANK(+WorksheetB!B10);"";+WorksheetB!B10)
3. WorksheetD C10 as =IF(ISBLANK(+WorksheetC!C10);"";+WorksheetC!C10)
The formula makes sure that if the total is blank there will be no zero
appearing in the corresponding cell in WorksheetD, otherwise it copies the
totals to the corresponding cells.

Swisse