-   -   How do I find and replace a question mark in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/44290-how-do-i-find-replace-question-mark-excel.html)

Ranpalandil

How do I find and replace a question mark in Excel?

I have a range of cells with a single question mark ?, Y or N. I can't filter
with the question mark since Excel thinks it's a wild card. I wasn't aware of
this when I set up the spreadsheet. So I would like to replace the question
marks with something else, but this still presents the same problem. How can
I specify that I mean a question mark and not a wild card?

Thanks.

Ken Wright

use ~? instead and this will tell Excel to look for a ? as a ? and not as a
wildcard.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03