-   -   excel edit (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4414-excel-edit.html)

Jiggie

excel edit

Hi all.
I'm trying to open an excel sheet in IE. it opens but the
edit,view,favorites tabs are greyed out. Only file opens up. User has rights,
as we tested this on another machine and it works there. Using the latest IE
and updating office to the latest service packs. This machine has adobe
acrobat full 6.0 and the others dont. if that makes any diffrence.

Dave Peterson

Maybe you could just have MSIE open the excel file directly in excel.

How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office
Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Opening the workbook in excel (not within MSIE) didn't fix the problem?

If the user downloads the workbook and stores it locally, then does a File|Open
on that workbook, do the same problems occur?

If the user does have trouble with just good old excel files, have them close
excel, and rename all their *.xlb files to *.xlbOLD (*.xlb is where excel stores
customizations to the users toolbar).

They can use windows start button|Search to find all the *.xlb files.

If that works ok, delete the *.xlbOLD files and have the user customize any
toolbar they want at their leisure.

If it didn't work ok, close excel and rename all the *.xlbOLD files back to
*.xlb.

(And keep looking for another possible solution.)

Jiggie wrote:

thanks for the suggestion, but that does not fix my problem.
We tried the same page on another pc and all the tabs are enabled. also
installed adobe and stil works fine on another machine. I'm just wondering if
there is anything that might not make IE open excel sheets. I only need to
sort the colums, i cant even do that.

Jiggie wrote:

Hi all.
I'm trying to open an excel sheet in IE. it opens but the
edit,view,favorites tabs are greyed out. Only file opens up. User has rights,
as we tested this on another machine and it works there. Using the latest IE
and updating office to the latest service packs. This machine has adobe
acrobat full 6.0 and the others dont. if that makes any diffrence.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Jiggie

maybe i did not make myself clear...
It opens up fine in excel, but it is not what i'm trying to fix.

When i open the same file using IE it opens but the edit, and rest of tabs
are greyed out on her machine only. When i use her credentials on another
machine and do the same steps, i can use sort and the other excel menus
inside IE.

Jiggie wrote:

Hi all.
I'm trying to open an excel sheet in IE. it opens but the
edit,view,favorites tabs are greyed out. Only file opens up. User has rights,
as we tested this on another machine and it works there. Using the latest IE
and updating office to the latest service packs. This machine has adobe
acrobat full 6.0 and the others dont. if that makes any diffrence.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson