-   -   Multipying columns that contail null values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/44089-multipying-columns-contail-null-values.html)

ChuckW

Multipying columns that contail null values

Hi,

I have two columns that I am trying to multiply (A and G). One has of the
columns (F) is a calculated value that sometimes has null values. The
formula for column G is =If(F2=0,"",E2/f2). So I get a null value if e2 is 0
or null. I now what to multiply column G by another column and place this in
column H. However, when I do this, I get an #VALUE! as a value anytime the
value in G in blank. I would like to supress this so that nothing appears in
H if G is null. Can someone help me with this formula?

Thanks,

--
Chuck W

Ray A

one way
=IF(iserror(g2*b2),"",g2*b2) assumes you waant to multiply g by b
HTH