-   -   excel 2003 will not read floppy from previous excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4399-excel-2003-will-not-read-floppy-previous-excel.html)

fsg

excel 2003 will not read floppy from previous excel

updated to excel 2003. when i try to open file from disc I get message

1 parameter is incorrect

2 disc media not recognized, it may not be formatted

what do I do

Bob Phillips

Floppies are a problem, period. I can not improve upon this post from Gord
Dibben

First of all.......you should never save to or open from removable media
directly.

Save to HDD then copy to the CD. Same when opening. Copy to HDD then open.

The read only bit.......

That is the default behaviour when saving/copying to CD.

All depends upon how the files get "burned" to the CD.

With regular Windows burning, they will always be read-only.

If you were to use a packet writing application like Nero InCD, files would
not be read only and individual files could be erased or written to on the
CD
just like a big floppy disk.

See this google search thread

http://snipurl.com/6llq