-   -   Grabbing the last Non-empty cell in a range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4398-grabbing-last-non-empty-cell-range.html)

Arlen

Grabbing the last Non-empty cell in a range

Howdy all y'all. I have a spreadsheet that totals the daily production,
keeps a running total of production everyday, and also shows the average
daily production. The first of these is totaled at the bottom... but the
second two should simply reflect the values of the very last cell with data
in it.

How do I set a cell to display the number in the last non-blank cell of a
certain range of cells? I don't even know how to word this question to the
assistant, Clippy.

Thank you very much for the predicted help.

Arlen

RagDyer

Try this:

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A)
--

HTH,

RD

"Arlen" wrote in message
Howdy all y'all. I have a spreadsheet that totals the daily production,
keeps a running total of production everyday, and also shows the average
daily production. The first of these is totaled at the bottom... but the
second two should simply reflect the values of the very last cell with data
in it.

How do I set a cell to display the number in the last non-blank cell of a
certain range of cells? I don't even know how to word this question to the
assistant, Clippy.

Thank you very much for the predicted help.

Arlen

Arlen

Wow, Rag, why does this work? Well, anyhoo. Thank you, sir.