-   -   problem printing to PDF (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4395-problem-printing-pdf.html)

mark kubicki

problem printing to PDF

( I realize that this is more of printing newsgroup issue, but having
gotten no results there (after a few days....))

--- problem with acrobat (when printing to PDF's) not printing the
value of the cell, but printing the graphic of the page (ex: lines, borders,
and fill)

case 1
the cell values have been formatted by VB code: none of the values print,
only the graphic of the page (ex: borders etc...); if I select a cell (any
cell) and reset the font (thru the usual excel / format / cells...) ; it
seems to consistently be OK, and everything prints

case 2
the cell values are simple cell entries: some lines of values print, then
several lines do not , then some following do... but, as with above the
format of the page does print; resetting the font does nothing

I cannot tell if these two conditions (above) are firm; it is what seems to
happen, but it may be only what happens MOST of the time, and then only by
coincidence

the format is standard Ariel 8 or 10pt

thanks in advance
mark

Gary Brown

Don't know if this will help, but I've found that I get best results when
printing a PDF by checking the 'Print as Image' box.
HTH,
Gary Brown