-   -   AVERAGEIF Function out there? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4389-averageif-function-out-there.html)

davidad

AVERAGEIF Function out there?

Is anybody out there aware of an "AVERAGEIF" function ?.
I'm new to programming and have failed miserably trying to
write it. Any help would be great.

Peo Sjoblom

No need to write a function, you can use a combination of average and if
as an example

=AVERAGE(IF(Range=criteria,Range))

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"davidad" wrote:

Is anybody out there aware of an "AVERAGEIF" function ?.
I'm new to programming and have failed miserably trying to
write it. Any help would be great.

Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)

davidad wrote:
Is anybody out there aware of an "AVERAGEIF" function ?.
I'm new to programming and have failed miserably trying to
write it. Any help would be great.

Peo gave you the "right" solution. Here's the more intuitive one:

[ ] = SumIf(A1:A5,"0")/CountIf(A1:A5,"0")

Obviously you'll need to substitute your own arguments into it, but it
should give you the idea.

Bill