-   -   Adding an embedded sound? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/43874-adding-embedded-sound.html)

Terry Pinnell

Adding an embedded sound?

My requirement is to embed (not link) a sound file in a *PowerPoint*
PPT file. I duly enquired in microsoft.public.powerpoint, but I'm
confused by the replies that I *cannot* embed an MP3 or WMA, because I
appear to have done so successfully!

On the assumption that the object-embedding facility in Excel 2000 is
similar to that in PowerPoint 2000, I just repeated the exercise in
Excel to double-check. That too was successful. The test XLS file I
used grew from 14 KB to 1667 KB after embedding a 1276 KB MP3 file.
And then I deleted the music file, yet the XLS still played it.
Similar behaviour to PowerPoint.

Got the same result in Word 2000.

IMO that seems conclusive evidence that the replies I had were
mistaken, and that you *can* embed an MP3.

Am I correct please? I still have some other detail points to resolve
about using this sound in PowerPoint, but I'd like to be sure I
understands this fundamental issue before I press on.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK