-   -   automating a pivot table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4371-automating-pivot-table.html)

bobf

automating a pivot table

When using a pivot table, is there any way of
automatically selecting from a drop down menu.
By this I mean if I can select one of 5 colours,
If I put "red" in cell A1, can the pivot table be made to
take the value in cell A1 as the colour selection, rather
than me selecting red from the drop down list.

thanks in advance

Debra Dalgleish

You can add fields to the page area. When you select from the dropdown
list in a field there, the table is filtered to show only that item.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List