-   -   Conditional Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/43661-conditional-formatting.html)

Duser

Conditional Formatting

Can I conditionally format one cell that is affected by another cells
numbers? For example can i conditionally format a1 to be green if cell b2 is
<= to 100%, yellow if =95 but <100, and red if <95. And if so what is the
key stroke for <= in a function statement?

Ray A

one way in cell A1
Condition one formula is =if(b2<95,1,0) and format red
Condition 2 formula is =if(b2=95,if(B2<100,1,0),0) and format to yellow
If cell b2 is formated to % change to decimal .95 and 1.0
HTH

"Duser" wrote:

Can I conditionally format one cell that is affected by another cells
numbers? For example can i conditionally format a1 to be green if cell b2 is
<= to 100%, yellow if =95 but <100, and red if <95. And if so what is the
key stroke for <= in a function statement?

David Billigmeier

Yes you can -
First, go into Format-Conditional Formatting.

Under Condition 1, choose "Formula Is" and enter this function:
=IF(B2=1,TRUE,FALSE)
and format this to green.

Choose "Add" to add another condition, choose "Formula Is" again, and enter
this function into condition 2:
=IF(AND(B2=.95,B2<1),TRUE,FALSE)
and format this to yellow.

Similarly add another condition, "Formula Is" again, and enter this formula
into condition 3:
=IF(B2<.95,TRUE,FALSE)
and format this to red.
Dave