-   -   How to populate a cell with the name of the worksheet it is in (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/43463-how-populate-cell-name-worksheet.html)

MDF

How to populate a cell with the name of the worksheet it is in

I want to populate a cell with the name of a worksheet in the workbook so
that it will automatically update if the worksheet name changes. I have five
worksheets and want to have cell a1 show the name of worksheet 1, cell a2
show the name of worksheet 2, etc.

David Hepner

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html

"MDF" wrote:

I want to populate a cell with the name of a worksheet in the workbook so
that it will automatically update if the worksheet name changes. I have five
worksheets and want to have cell a1 show the name of worksheet 1, cell a2
show the name of worksheet 2, etc.

Paul B

MDF, have a look here on how to do it

Paul B