-   -   Averaging with excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/43344-averaging-excel.html)

excelhelp234

Averaging with excel

Hello,

First-time posting and would like and appeciate some assistance.

I have multiple rows that represent the spending for different gyms. I
have three columns: one is total gym spending ($), the second is %
total gym spending on basketballs, and the third columns is $ of total
gym spending spent on basketballs (i.e. column 1: $100, column 2: 10%
column 3: $10)

I have over 100 gyms listed - how would i calculate the average spend
($) per gym on basketballs. I know I could divide the total spending
on basketballs by the number of companies but that would not provide me
with a weighted average.

Any help???

Thanks everyone,
SF