-   -   Syncronizing worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/43314-syncronizing-worksheets.html)

Iona

Syncronizing worksheets

I have multiple worksheets in a document that are formated the same, only the
text is different. I would like a worksheet that compiles all the data onto
one worksheet. I do not want the data merged (eg. all A1 cells are added
together), I simply want data from each of the worksheets pulled together
onto one, so instead of clicking on 12 different tabs (worksheets) you can go
to the "collective" sheet and see all the same data.

When data is changed on the worksheets I want the data on the "collective"
sheet to automatically update. I figured out how to do this (copy original
data and select paste link to "collective" sheet. Problem is, when I add or
delete rows from the original sheet, this doesn't translate to the
"collective" sheet and I get error #REF! (deleting rows) or no added rows
(adding rows) on the "collective" sheet. HELP! It could mean a pay raise
if I can get this working.

Dave Peterson

I'd just use one worksheet and drop the others. (Maybe add an indicator column
if need be.)

But then I'd use Data|sort and Data|Filter|autofilter to see different views.

--

Dave Peterson