-   -   Linking of data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4318-linking-data.html)

servolift

Linking of data

I have one main proposal spreadsheet. In this spreadsheet I have hyperlinks
to individual proposal templates (also Excel files) Behind every proposal
link I have pricing information from these indiviual proposal templates
linked back to my main proposal speadsheet. My problem is that when I open a
template and save it under a different name, the pricing information in my
main proposal spreadsheet is changed automatically from my individual
proposal template to the newly created proposal. Can anybody tell me how to
prevent this from happening. The price from the individual proposal template
should remain in the main proposal spreadsheet.

Any help is appreciated.
--
robert