-   -   FInding external link (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/43167-finding-external-link.html)

Fred Smith

FInding external link

When I open a spreadsheet, I get asked if I want to update external links. There
shouldn't be external links in this spreadsheet, so I must have accidentally
left in a formula which I need to change to a value. But I can't find the
offending cell.

How do I search for a formula with an external link in it?

--
Thanks,
Fred

Norman Jones

Hi Fred,

Try Bill Manville's FindLinks addin which is freely downloadable at:

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

---
Regards,
Norman