-   -   Copy Paste Special Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/43140-copy-paste-special-macro.html)

Bud Hughes

Copy Paste Special Macro

I need to copy the value of a formula into a cell one down and one to the
left of the current cell I am copying. Rather then right click and select
the options. I can build a macro to copy then paste special but...I want the
copy to be the current cell I am in then move the active cell on down and one
left then paste special. Is there a way to use visual basic to move one cell
left and one cell down and move only the information in the cell?

Gary's Student

The following sub will do what you want:

Sub DownAndLeft()
Dim x As Variant
x = Selection.Value
Selection.Offset(1, -1) = x
End Sub

Select the cell with the formula and run the macro.

Good Luck
--
Gary's Student

"Bud Hughes" wrote:

I need to copy the value of a formula into a cell one down and one to the
left of the current cell I am copying. Rather then right click and select
the options. I can build a macro to copy then paste special but...I want the
copy to be the current cell I am in then move the active cell on down and one
left then paste special. Is there a way to use visual basic to move one cell
left and one cell down and move only the information in the cell?

Dave Peterson

Another option (manual, though):

If you rightclick on that cell's border, you can drag it to where you want it
(down and to the left) and when you let go, you'll be presented with a list of
options.

One of them is "copy here as values only"

(sometimes, it's quicker than finding the macro to run!)

===
Another option...

Add a "Paste Values" icon to your favorite toolbar.
(tools|Customize|commands tab|edit category, look for "paste values")

Then you can hit the copy icon (or ctrl-c), move the cursor, and hit that "paste
values" icon.