-   -   Copying data from formula output (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/43044-copying-data-formula-output.html)

robin m

Copying data from formula output

I've used my concatenate formula to merge cells. Now I need to copy the cells
to another workbook. When I paste, I get a ref#. What's up with that?

Elisabeth

Insteading of pasting, use Paste Special and select Values. That will "hard
code" your formula results.
--
Elisabeth

"robin m" wrote:

I've used my concatenate formula to merge cells. Now I need to copy the cells
to another workbook. When I paste, I get a ref#. What's up with that?

robin m

Thank you. It worked like a charm.