-   -   De-concatenate? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/43041-de-concatenate.html)

KevinMB

De-concatenate?

Is there a way to de-concatenate a cell? I have cells which contain 5-letter
abbreviations (ex. a cell might have "GGGGG TTTTT GTCTG") and I'm trying to
find a way to seperate these into seperate cells. Is there a function or
process that makes this easier than doing it manually? Any help would be
apreciated.

David Billigmeier

Try the text to columns feature... Data-Text To Columns

In your example, it looks like each abbreviation is separated by a space, so
choose Delimited and check "Space"
Dave

"KevinMB" wrote:

Is there a way to de-concatenate a cell? I have cells which contain 5-letter
abbreviations (ex. a cell might have "GGGGG TTTTT GTCTG") and I'm trying to
find a way to seperate these into seperate cells. Is there a function or
process that makes this easier than doing it manually? Any help would be
apreciated.

Duke Carey

Data-Text to Columns-Delimited - and indicate that the delimiter is a space

Make sure you have empty columns to the right of your data, as it will
overwrite anything there