-   -   Using the "Go To" dialog for "Copy" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4300-using-%22go-%22-dialog-%22copy%22.html)

Fred Holmes

Using the "Go To" dialog for "Copy"

Is there a way to bring up a dialog similar to the F5 "GoTo" dialog
(which lists named ranges), and, instead of "going there," copying the
data in the selected (from the list) range to the clipboard?

I guess I could create a macro that brings up a userform to do it, but
I'm looking for an existing solution: Bring up a list of named ranges,
select a range (from the list, not selection of cells in the
worksheet), and press OK to copy the contents of that range to the
clipboard.

The current active cell is my paste destination. If I have to select
the source cells I will "lose my place" without some other "fancy
footwork."

I'm looking for a way to fill a cell with a selection from an array of
"standard" contents, in an efficient manner. The autocompletion
feature isn't useful. Too many of the "standard" contents are very
similar, and I have to type too far to differentiate between
alternatives.

Thanks,

Fred Holmes