-   -   Auto filter not displaying number of results in status bar. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42990-auto-filter-not-displaying-number-results-status-bar.html)

Alex Lush

Auto filter not displaying number of results in status bar.

Hi All,

Don't know if this is a bug in Excel, or something I'm doing wrong?
Usually when using autofilter the number of records is shown in the status
bar (i.e. "2 of 500 records shown"), but on this particular sheet, it doesn't
show up.
It seems to work on some sheets and not others.

Any ideas why?

I'm running excel 2002 SP3 on WinXP SP1.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish's site explains it:
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

--

Dave Peterson

Alex Lush

Thanks Dave, thats page was very helpful.

Looks like I'm stuck with it until I upgrade office!!

Cheers,

Alex

"Alex Lush" wrote:

Hi All,

Don't know if this is a bug in Excel, or something I'm doing wrong?
Usually when using autofilter the number of records is shown in the status
bar (i.e. "2 of 500 records shown"), but on this particular sheet, it doesn't
show up.
It seems to work on some sheets and not others.

Any ideas why?

I'm running excel 2002 SP3 on WinXP SP1.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Dave Peterson

Even after you upgrade, you'll still be stuck. (It still applies through
xl2003, at least.)