-   -   How to delete item on right click menu? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42723-how-delete-item-right-click-menu.html)

Bobo

How to delete item on right click menu?

I just recently installed office 2003 and removed the old office xp. however
i still find "export to excel(x)" corresponding to the old version excel on
my right click menu. Could anyone tell me how to remove it? thanks so
much!:)
NB my pc runs on windows xp.

Jim Cone

B,

I don't have xl2003, however it sounds like some third party software adds
that item to the menu. Try to find the offending software.
If that doesn't work...
look in Tools | Add-ins and make a list of all items that are check marked.
Uncheck all items and exit the dialog box.

If that doesn't fix it, advise what it is you right-click to get the "export..." menu item.
(there are about 40 different right-click menus)

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA