-   -   Entering Array Functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42720-entering-array-functions.html)

Jaytee

Entering Array Functions

What are the exact mechanics of entering arrays using Control, Shift, Enter?
I understand that it's nesseccary to let Exel know it's an Array Function,
but I don't seem to have the order right, so it doesn't work. Do I enter the
formula, then hit Control Shift Enter, or do I hit it first, then enter the
formula?

Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 07:56:02 -0700, Jaytee
wrote:

What are the exact mechanics of entering arrays using Control, Shift, Enter?
I understand that it's nesseccary to let Exel know it's an Array Function,
but I don't seem to have the order right, so it doesn't work. Do I enter the
formula, then hit Control Shift Enter, or do I hit it first, then enter the
formula?

After you type or paste in the formula, you would normally just hit <enter.
If it is an array formula, first hold down the <ctrl and <shift keys
together. While holding down both of these keys, hit <enter and release it.
You can release the other two keys either simultaneously or after.
--ron