-   -   convert decimal number to time : convert 1,59 (minutes, dec) to m (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4272-convert-decimal-number-time-convert-1-59-minutes-dec-m.html)

agenda9533

convert decimal number to time : convert 1,59 (minutes, dec) to m

How to convert decimal number to time : convert 1,59 (minutes, dec) to mm:ss

galimi

If the latter part of the number is decimal, then 59% of 60 minutes would be
the answer

1.59 minutes = 1:34 (mm:ss)

http://www.ingenio.com/categories/ca...sp?sid=5228306

"agenda9533" wrote:

How to convert decimal number to time : convert 1,59 (minutes, dec) to mm:ss

Bob Phillips

Divide it by 24 if it is hours, or by 1440 if it is minutes

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"agenda9533" wrote in message
How to convert decimal number to time : convert 1,59 (minutes, dec) to

mm:ss

agenda9533

Problem is - I know how to calculate this mannualy. But I need a function
that converts a decimal number of minutes ( for example , 1.59 ) to a time
format mm:ss (1:48)

Thank you for all your answers!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Divide it by 24 if it is hours, or by 1440 if it is minutes

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"agenda9533" wrote in message
How to convert decimal number to time : convert 1,59 (minutes, dec) to

mm:ss

JE McGimpsey

One way:

A1: 1,59
A2: =A1/1440

format A2 as "[m]:ss"

In article ,
"agenda9533" wrote:

Problem is - I know how to calculate this mannualy. But I need a function
that converts a decimal number of minutes ( for example , 1.59 ) to a time
format mm:ss (1:48)

agenda9533

Now I got it! :-))
Thank you!

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

A1: 1,59
A2: =A1/1440

format A2 as "[m]:ss"

In article ,
"agenda9533" wrote:

Problem is - I know how to calculate this mannualy. But I need a function
that converts a decimal number of minutes ( for example , 1.59 ) to a time
format mm:ss (1:48)

Bob Phillips

which is what I said

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"agenda9533" wrote in message
Now I got it! :-))
Thank you!

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

A1: 1,59
A2: =A1/1440

format A2 as "[m]:ss"

In article ,
"agenda9533" wrote:

Problem is - I know how to calculate this mannualy. But I need a

function
that converts a decimal number of minutes ( for example , 1.59 ) to a

time
format mm:ss (1:48)

JE McGimpsey

He probably got a decimal number and didn't know what to do with it.
Just dividing doesn't format it as time.

In article ,
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

which is what I said

Bob Phillips

If he knew how to calculate it manually, it would have helped if he had
asked how he could put into a cell formula, rather than how to convert it.

Bob

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
He probably got a decimal number and didn't know what to do with it.
Just dividing doesn't format it as time.

In article ,
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

which is what I said