-   -   problem with csv (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42693-problem-csv.html)

plato

problem with csv

When I export from a database I get the top line all in csv which appears to
be in row A (which is the names of all the columns and the rest of the sheet
is correct with all the data in relevant columns.

How do I split that top row (which is Comma Separated) into coulumns
automatically.
I'm sure it is a simply process. thanks

plato

Gary's Student

There is an easy way in Excel to split apart a cell without having to re-type
its contents.

Click on the cell. Pull-down

Data Text to Columns...

then check delimited and next check comma. The single cell should then split.

Good Luck
--
Gary's Student