-   -   Text shown up in other cells everytime a text is entered in 1 cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42503-text-shown-up-other-cells-everytime-text-entered-1-cell.html)

bioyyy

Text shown up in other cells everytime a text is entered in 1 cell

Hello there,

I have a question, Let me show the table first, so make it easy to understand:

Col A Col B Col C Col D
P9-A-1 test-1 1 blue
P9-A-2 test-2 1 green

P9-B-1 test-1 1 blue

Here is my question: I'd like to see the value or text in Col A, C, D shown
up (row 1), everytime I type or enter a text in Col B row 1 (B1). If there is
NO text typed in B1, then I'd like to have an empty cell in A1, C1, and D1.
So, it must be a condition something....in other words, if there is something
in Col B, show value or text in Col A, C, and D. IF not, just return as an
empty cells in those cols. Thanks for your help.

CLR

It depends on how many options you have for column B......if only a few, you
can use "IF" formulas is Columns A,C, and D.......if many, the VLOOKUP
feature should do the job for you.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3