-   -   Formula Help 2 QUESTIONS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42501-formula-help-2-questions.html)

Missy

Formula Help 2 QUESTIONS

I am trying to do the following:

QUESTION 1:

I have a spreadsheet that contains hundreds of records and most if not all
of them are duplicated. I have tried an advanced auto filter but it doesn't
seem to be working correctly. Is there a formula I can use to only pull one
record into a new spreadsheet
QUESTION 2

I am trying to compare information in spreadsheet ONE to info in spreadsheet
TWO and return data into spreadsheet THREE. All three spreadsheet are saved
separetly, how would I write the location into the formula?

I tried the below but it is not returning the correct information
='C:\Documents and Settings\me06764\Desktop\New Folder\[ONE Test.xls]120 Day
'!$I$2

So I am trying to say if Field A (ONE) matched Field B (TWO) then return to
Filed A in (THREE), if not then return N/A, False, etc.

FSt1

hi.
question1:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

[...]