-   -   shorcut to formular bar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42484-shorcut-formular-bar.html)

m_john

shorcut to formular bar

When I highlighted a cell, i want to quick jump to the formular bar and
I don't know if there is any shorcut so that I don't have to use to
mouse to click on it.
Another problem I have is when highlight a cell, what is the shortcut
or best way to hightlight all the words in that cell. Thank y'all

--
m_john
m_john's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=322

Bob Phillips

If you F2 on the cell, the formula appears in the cell and you can edit
there. Is that good enough?

No ideas for second part I am afraid.

--

HTH

RP

"m_john" wrote in message

When I highlighted a cell, i want to quick jump to the formular bar and
I don't know if there is any shorcut so that I don't have to use to
mouse to click on it.
Another problem I have is when highlight a cell, what is the shortcut
or best way to hightlight all the words in that cell. Thank y'all

--
m_john
m_john's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=322
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=754660
Visit - http://www.officehelp.in |

http://www.officehelp.in/archive/index.php |
http://www.officehelp.in/index/index.php

JR

Regarding the second part of your question, double click the cell with your
mouse, then click at the far left of the cell contents, then hold down shift
and press "end" (next to the delete key). The will highlight all of the
contents.

Or, you can just double click a cell (or hit F2), then hold down the left
mouse button and drag to highlight the contents.