-   -   Excel Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42483-excel-macro.html)

Khan

Excel Macro

I have 7000x2 matrix of data. Some have decimal value and some don't.
I just want to pick or sort out the ones WITHOUT decimals. Should I write a
macro for this and How?

Dave O

You could write code, but don't necessarily have to. You can use this
formula to find all the decimal point in the adjacent cell; it returns
TRUE when the decimal is found and FALSE when it is not. Then sort the
spreadsheet using the TRUE/FALSE column.
=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND(".",A1,1)),TRUE,FALSE)