-   -   How can I protect a worksheet yet allow editing in Excel 2000 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42458-how-can-i-protect-worksheet-yet-allow-editing-excel-2000-a.html)

jimar

How can I protect a worksheet yet allow editing in Excel 2000

I am creating a spreadsheet for users who are using Excel 2000 and I would
like to protect the worksheet yet still allow users to edit a range of cells
in the worksheet. By just applying a password to the worksheet I would have
to rely on the other users remembering to put the password back on again once
they finished entering their data. I know that this facility is available in
later versions of Excel ie €śAllow users to edit ranges€ť and I was wondering
if there is a way to replicate it in Excel 2000.

Wackyracer

You could locate the cells that can be edited and use FormatCellsProtection
and un-tick the locked option. Then when the file is protected only these
cells can be changed.
--
Loose, fast and on the edge.