Old August 26th 05, 10:39 AM
DAWN

Default VLOOKUP IF Cell Contains a Word within Text

Hi,
Can anyone advise me how I do a VLOOKUP if a cell Contains a certain word.
The cells contain various sizes and either Standard, Secure or Secure Plus.
i.e.

4Mbit/s Standard
4Mbit/s Secure
4Mbit/s Secure Plus
6Mbit/s Standard
6Mbit/s Secure
6Mbit/s Secure Plus
8Mbit/s Standard
8Mbit/s Secure
8Mbit/s Secure Plus
10Mbit/s Standard
10Mbit/s Secure
10Mbit/s Secure Plus
15Mbit/s Standard
15Mbit/s Secure

What I need to do is if the cell selected contains say "Secure Plus", then
do a lookup.

Thanks

DAWN

Old August 26th 05, 12:16 PM
Roger Govier

Hi Dawn
One way, with data in A1
=IF(ISERROR(SEARCH("Secure Plus",A1)),"",your_lookup_formula)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

Old August 26th 05, 12:46 PM
Bryan Hessey

One method:

=IF(ISERR(SEARCH("Secure Plus",A1)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,E1:F12,2))

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399407