-   -   Is there any Formula for.......... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42399-there-any-formula.html)

John

Is there any Formula for..........

I have crated a Project Track table.. Across the row i manually enter if the
item has passed "P" or Failed "F" in the table...at the end of each row i am
counting the total number of iems passed by the "countif" function...I would
like to know if there is any function....which can fill color in the cells
that are failed...so that i can track them easily and fix the issue
quickly.....I would be thankful if you can help me in this

Dave Peterson

Take a look at Format|conditional formatting.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave O

You can apply conditional formatting to do this: in cell B1, for
instance, click Format Conditional Formatting; set condition 1 to
Formula Is and enter
=$A$1="F"
in the formula box; then choose the color you want to show for failed
entries.

John

That works...I didnt know this cool feature....Thanks Dave Peterson and Dave O

"Dave O" wrote:

You can apply conditional formatting to do this: in cell B1, for
instance, click Format Conditional Formatting; set condition 1 to
Formula Is and enter
=$A$1="F"
in the formula box; then choose the color you want to show for failed
entries.

John

Go to Format-Style-Modify- and pick your font style