-   -   Auto Formatting an Excel Spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4233-auto-formatting-excel-spreadsheet.html)

Ray

Auto Formatting an Excel Spreadsheet

I have an automated process (batch file) that is creating a text file (it
can't automatically generate an Excel file) from a database each night and
saving it on a network drive with an .xls extension. I then have an intranet
page (HTML) that is looking for that Excel file each day to present
up-to-date information from the database. However, the formatting (e.g.,
column widths, colors) is overwritten each night when the file is
regenerated. I know the column widths, colors, etc., that I want to apply to
the spreadsheet. Is there a way in HTML, JavaScript, etc., that I can
automatically apply the formatting I want each time the Excel file is opened
so the data can be regenerated each day but the formatting is also preserved?

Thanks,
Ray