-   -   Custom autofilters (3 criteria) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42285-custom-autofilters-3-criteria.html)

Patty via OfficeKB.com

Custom autofilters (3 criteria)

How do I autofilter a list using 3 criteria? The default option is only 2.

Ron de Bruin

Hi Patty

You can use Advancedfilter to do this or use EasyFilter that have 5 options.
Another way is to use a helper column with a formula that will display "Yes"
when all 3 criteria are OK.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Patty via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message ...
How do I autofilter a list using 3 criteria? The default option is only 2.

Adrian M

A bit of an ugly solution but you could always create a new column that is
exactly the same as the column you want to filter on. Then you can choose one
of the criteria on the one column and the 2 other criteria on the original
column. Not pretty but it should be effective. If you are not sure about
using the autofilter you can see how to use it on
http://www.auditexcel.co.za/dataclean.html .