-   -   Can a register automate a memo for none attendance? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42238-can-register-automate-memo-none-attendance.html)

Crumm

Can a register automate a memo for none attendance?

I use excel as register to tally attendance in lectures and tutorials. We
have been requested to send an e-mail to a personnel tutor of students if the
student fails in attending two consecutive sessions. We enter attendance as
either a 1 or a 0 in a horizontal row. I want to automate a response so any
students name is generated who gets two consecutive 0s. I could then cut and
paste this into an email. I would like this not to interfere with a formula
to give a final attendance total and the end of the row.
I use Microsoft EXcell 2002-SP-2
Please can anyone help? I may have some time to get down to more important
things such as teaching if I can remove this type of time consuming task.

Bob Phillips

Crumm,

This is easy enough but it needs VBA.

If you have all the tutor emails linked, you can automate the mailing too.

If you mail me a sample workbook, I can do it for you.

--

HTH

RP