-   -   Excel as Data Entry into Access Database (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42193-excel-data-entry-into-access-database.html)

Btibert

Excel as Data Entry into Access Database

Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone could point me in the proper direction. Unless my
mind is playing tricks on me, I swear I could have used an add-in (or
something else) that used a dialog box where you could specify which
cells in an Excel contained the data that went to various tables into
Access. You were able to specify exactly which tables and variables in
Access the data from Excel had to go per record. I think basically
what it enabled you to do was create a form that inputted the data into
Access but was contained only in Excel.

What was this add-in or how do I go out about this?

Thanks in advance!

Brock

--
Btibert
Btibert's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=8559

Conrad Carlberg

Brock,

I wonder if you might be thinking of the Template Wizard with Data Tracking.
I think it shipped with Excel 95 and 97. It was a real bow-wow.

C^2
Conrad Carlberg

--

Excel Sales Forecasting for Dummies, Wiley, 2005

"Btibert" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Quite by accident, I just ran across a reference to Access Links, which is
probably the add-in you have in mind. See the Microsoft Knowledge Base
article number 135716 for more information.

C^2
Conrad Carlberg

--
[...]

Let me take a look. Thanks alot for getting back to me. Now that you
mention it, I believe it was with a much older version of Excel, so you
probably are correct. Regardless, thanks for giving me some tips to
point me in the right direction.