-   -   excel deleting rows last cell does not change. How to change? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42128-excel-deleting-rows-last-cell-does-not-change-how-change.html)

mrubey

excel deleting rows last cell does not change. How to change?

I Delete rows in excell and save the file. I bring the file back up but the
last cell is still where it was (several rows below the last row with data).
I do I get excel to change the last cell value?

-Mark

Anne Troy

Sounds like you're deleting cell contents instead of deleting entire rows.
See:
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"mrubey" wrote in message
I Delete rows in excell and save the file. I bring the file back up but
the
last cell is still where it was (several rows below the last row with
data).
I do I get excel to change the last cell value?

-Mark

David McRitchie

more likely missing the last step described on your webpage -- saving the file.

"mrubey" wrote in message
I Delete rows in excell and save the file. I bring the file back up but
the
last cell is still where it was (several rows below the last row with
data).
I do I get excel to change the last cell value?

-Mark

mrubey

Dave,

Thanks. The solution was to turn off the auto filter and freeze pane, save
the file, close the file, then open the file again and reset the auto filter
and freeze pane.

-Mark