-   -   Macro error when file is shared (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/42123-macro-error-when-file-shared.html)

Eric @ SEASH, Evansville

Macro error when file is shared

I have a macro that works fine when the file is not shared, but when it is
shared I get "Run-time error '1004': AdvancedFilter method of Range class
failed". Can you not run macros in a shared file ? My macro is show below:

Sub processdrg()
'
' processdrg Macro
' Macro recorded 8/24/2005 by EDreshfield
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+d
'
Range("drgcode").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy,
CopyToRange:=Range( _
"drg"), Unique:=True
Application.Goto Reference:="drgextract"
Range("drgextract").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToLeft)).Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("drgextract"), Order1:=xlAscending,
Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
End Sub

Am I simply missing something obvious ?

Thanks !

Anne Troy

About shared workbooks:
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Eric @ SEASH, Evansville"
wrote in message ...
[...]

Debra Dalgleish

You can run macros in a shared workbook, but you can't us an Advanced
Filter. For more information on shared workbooks, look in Excel's Help,
under the topic 'Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List