-   -   difference between two dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/41953-difference-between-two-dates.html)

dhouston1000

difference between two dates

I would like to know how to have one cell contain the Today() function
and another cell contain a "date" in the future, where yet another cell
will calculate how many days left until the future date.

I am getting results like 08/09/1900. All I want is a number

Thanks

--
dhouston1000
dhouston1000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26570

Rowan

Change the number format of the result cell to General.

Regards
Rowan

"dhouston1000" wrote:

I would like to know how to have one cell contain the Today() function
and another cell contain a "date" in the future, where yet another cell
will calculate how many days left until the future date.

I am getting results like 08/09/1900. All I want is a number

Thanks

--
dhouston1000
dhouston1000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26570
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398454

Jim May

In Cell A1 enter 11/27/2005 (Format, Cell, Date)
In Cell B1 enter =today() (Format, Cell, Date)
In Cell C1 enter =a1-b1 (Format, Cell, General)
Cell C1 should show 95 (at least today, 8/24).
HTH

news:dhouston1000.1u8xic_1124849106.5194@excelforu m-nospam.com...