-   -   Coping text using Formulas - (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/41903-coping-text-using-formulas.html)

Steven

Coping text using Formulas -

I am trying to format text on a worksheet, where any text in cell A1 entered
on Sheet 1 automatically fills in a cell on Sheet 2. My formula on Sheet 2
reads:

=Sheet1!A1

The text copies fine, but I need the properties and formatting to go with
it, such as text color, bold, row height, etc. Can someone help?

Excel_Geek

The easy way to do what you're describing is to select the entire
worksheet 1, copy, select the entire worksheet 2, and paste special --
formats.

You could also write some VBA code to do the same, if you were so
inclined, but this i think should do it.

--
Excel_Geek

Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26423
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398388

Steven

I should probably explain. Worksheet 1 is Detailed information. Worksheets
2 thru 10 are summaries of 1, where only critical cells are being copied
over. Hence why I was using the formula to automatically copy over the data
from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2.

Unfortunately, I'm not proficient enough with VBA to do anything. Any other
suggestions?