-   -   Pivot Table Layout Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/41884-pivot-table-layout-help.html)

mardman

Pivot Table Layout Help

I have a Pivot Table that has two row fields listed in the layout. So,
when you run or finish the Pivot Table it displays the row fields
horizontally across the spreadsheet. I want to take them and display
them vertically down the left side and can't remember how this is done.
You can't just hoover over the field and drag it over there because it
then just moves the first field over to the left. I know this can be
done because I have performed this a long time ago and forgot how.
Please help... :eek:

--
mardman
mardman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26562

Debra Dalgleish

Drag the Data button into the Row area, to the right of the last row field.

mardman wrote:
I have a Pivot Table that has two row fields listed in the layout. So,
when you run or finish the Pivot Table it displays the row fields
horizontally across the spreadsheet. I want to take them and display
them vertically down the left side and can't remember how this is done.
You can't just hoover over the field and drag it over there because it
then just moves the first field over to the left. I know this can be
done because I have performed this a long time ago and forgot how.
Please help... :eek:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List