-   -   How to insert Open File action in the IF Function? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/41805-how-insert-open-file-action-if-function.html)

Majesty

How to insert Open File action in the IF Function?

Hello, How can I insert the Open File action (w/o any other messages) in the
IF function - =IF (A1=A2,"C:\TRUE.WAV","C:\FALSE.WAV") or smth like that. I
don't know how to write a Macros at all, so if anyone willing to write it for
me I'll be grateful, though explanations will be required.

My global problem is that I get some data from the web (the links are
refreshing automatically) and I wanna do some kind of check - if the data is
useful for me than a sound will be played to inform me, if not - silence.

Tom Ogilvy

XL2000: How to Play Sounds Using Visual Basic for Applications

XL: How to Play Sounds Using Visual Basic for Applications

http://support.microsoft.com/default...kb;en-us;86281
HOWTO: Play a Waveform (.WAV) Sound File in Visual Basic
[Contains the Constants for the Arguments]

WD: How to Play a .wav Sound File by Using a Macro

WD2000: How to Play a .wav Sound File Using a Macro

HOWTO: Use the MessageBeep API to Play System .WAV Files

Use the Change Event to trigger you macro - See Chip Pearsons's page on
events

See David McRitchie's site on getting started with VBA and VBA tutorials.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#tutorials

Tom Ogilvy