-   -   Spreadsheet pausing,calculating cells,up2 100%,each input,why? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/41772-spreadsheet-pausing-calculating-cells-up2-100%25-each-input-why.html)

Matticace

Spreadsheet pausing,calculating cells,up2 100%,each input,why?

Hello there,

Everytime I input data into even the smallest of spreadsheets, the
application pauses, in the bottom left it states that it is calculating
cells, then there is a 3 second pause as a percentage rolls up to 100. This
is slowing my work down alot, please help me to understand what is going on
and how to stop it.

Regards

Matthew C.

Dave Peterson

You can turn calculation to manual, do your data entry and then turn it back on
(or just recalculate when you want).

You'll see that excel gives you a warning in the statusbar when the workbook
need recalculation.

Tools|Options|Calculation tab is where you'd toggle this setting.

--

Dave Peterson