-   -   Combine Formula and static Text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/41733-combine-formula-static-text.html)

Beginer

Combine Formula and static Text

Hi Group,

Using Excel 2003, in excel chart, I have changed the chart title to generate
the name based on a cell text. But, all I want is to append text to the
generated name.

My sample formula for chart name looks like
='MySheet'!$B$1.
But if I change to
='MySheet'!$B$1 & "Hello Text" and also,
='MySheet'!$B$1 & TEXT("Hello Text")
does not seem to work.

I am happy to find forum that will ease my job.

Best Regards

Peo Sjoblom

It is not possible to concatenate a chart title referring to a cell and a
text string,
you can use a macro that will do it or referring to a second cell where you
use the contents of one cell
(B1) and the string

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Beginer" wrote in message
Hi Group,

Using Excel 2003, in excel chart, I have changed the chart title to
generate
the name based on a cell text. But, all I want is to append text to the
generated name.

My sample formula for chart name looks like
='MySheet'!$B$1.
But if I change to
='MySheet'!$B$1 & "Hello Text" and also,
='MySheet'!$B$1 & TEXT("Hello Text")
does not seem to work.

I am happy to find forum that will ease my job.

Best Regards

Beginer

Hi Sjoblom,

Could you please provide me a sample work around ?

Thanks in advance,
Beginer