-   -   how do i add figures exactly, do not round up. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4162-how-do-i-add-figures-exactly-do-not-round-up.html)

hitch

how do i add figures exactly, do not round up.

My figures are calculated to 2 decimal places but when I add them up they add
up to more as the figure has been rounded up. I want to send this spreadsheet
to Customs and Excise so it must be correct

Bob Phillips

Add the pre-rounded numbers, and then round them to 2 places.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"hitch" wrote in message
My figures are calculated to 2 decimal places but when I add them up they

add
up to more as the figure has been rounded up. I want to send this

spreadsheet
to Customs and Excise so it must be correct

Gordon

hitch wrote:
My figures are calculated to 2 decimal places but when I add them up
they add up to more as the figure has been rounded up. I want to send
this spreadsheet to Customs and Excise so it must be correct

I wouldn't worry. As long as the answer is to the nearest penny or pound
(whichever) C&E aren't going to be bothered.