-   -   find all references to a particular cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/41447-find-all-references-particular-cell.html)

singlgl1

find all references to a particular cell

I have a large workbook with several sheets.Is there a built-in function
to find and list all references to a particular cell within the entire
workbook? Thanks.

--
singlgl1
singlgl1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26389

Dave Peterson

Select your cell and click on Tools|formula auditing|trace dependents.

You'll see a dashed arrow pointing to a small worksheet icon if there is a
dependent cell on another worksheet.

You can double click on that arrow, you'll go directly to the dependent cell (if
there's only one on another worksheet) or you'll see a list of all the cells
that refer to your cell.

singlgl1 wrote:

I have a large workbook with several sheets.Is there a built-in function
to find and list all references to a particular cell within the entire
workbook? Thanks.

--
singlgl1
singlgl1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26389
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=397503

--

Dave Peterson

Bryan Hessey

If you consider the 'Offset' function I would guess it's not possible.