-   -   How to make a formula with < or> in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/41205-how-make-formula-%3C-%3E-cell.html)

RickyBubbalu

How to make a formula with < or> in a cell

I am trying to make a formula that does this:

If the amount of L2 is less than $25, times it by .052; if the amount of L2
is $25 or above, times it by .01

Rowan

Try

=IF(L2<25,L2*0.52,L2*0.1)

Regards
Rowan

"RickyBubbalu" wrote:

I am trying to make a formula that does this:

If the amount of L2 is less than $25, times it by .052; if the amount of L2
is $25 or above, times it by .01

Bob Phillips

an alternative with no IF

=A1*0.01+(A1<25)*A1*0.042